The OutCast Agency is an award-winning communications agency with offices in San Francisco and New York. We partner with disruptors and leaders to build brands and create value. We are dedicated to providing excellent client service and getting unmatched results for our clients. We are passionate about the industries we work in, and are always open to trying new things.
Just as we pride ourselves on not doing cookie-cutter work, there’s no formula to what makes a great OutCast. We know – and we want you to know – that success is exhilarating and fun, and we like being a part of it. But getting there has to be a great experience too. That’s why we build our team around those who are dedicated to having fun while they make their clients shine. Being around enthusiastic, tenacious, intelligent people who have a sense of humor makes every day more interesting and more exciting.
Our New York office is growing and we are seeking experienced Account Supervisors, Account Directors, and Media Strategists to join our OC-East team. If you’re someone who would enjoy being called an OutCast, we want to hear from you. We offer highly attractive benefits (and perks!), plus all the advantages of working with a smart, committed team.
Account Supervisors are members of the agency Leadership Team who manage internal and client teams at OutCast. They maintain and develop strong relationships with media of all types, oversee both on-going client programs (i.e. social media, thought leadership, customer visibility, writing, speaking) as well as projects including product launches and events. Account Supervisors help drive the agency forward by leading task forces, managing launches and events, providing input on structure and size of teams, and mentoring of team members both as a team leader and as a formal career coach.
- 5-7 years public relations, media relations, corporate communications experience (can be combined)
- 1.5-3 years direct experience supervising individuals and managing teams
- 2+ years project management
Directors manage both internal and client teams and budgets. They maintain and develop strong relationships with media of all types and they oversee both on-going client programs as well as product launches and events. Directors work closely with agency Executives to manage account teams, provide input on ways to increase profitability of accounts, advise on structure and size of account teams, and mentor team members both informally and formally as Career Coach to staff at the AAE and AE levels.
- 6-10 years public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- 3-7 years direct experience supervising individuals and managing teams
- 4+ years project management
Media Strategists are creative contributors who work with teams to develop and execute strategic programs to support clients’ business objectives across a variety of accounts and platforms. They are well versed in a variety of platform strategies: business, financial, crisis, product, and consumer; take an active role in developing strategy and providing counsel to teams and clients alike; and manage high stakes opportunities and crises. They are deeply involved in delivering strategic ideas and plans; executing and driving media outreach and media campaigns. All Media Strategists also participate in new business initiatives, internal media efforts, and more.
- 5-7 years public relations, media relations, corporate communications (can be combined)
- Demonstrated success with client media placements and coverage
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Understands complex products, service and solutions
- Well-developed, proven relationships with media
- Able to initiate, direct, and execute on projects and initiatives
- Journalistic Awareness: Able to think like a writer/editor to discern the newsworthiness of a given client or announcement; Knows how to transfer that knowledge into a strategy for the good of clients and OutCast colleagues
If one of the above positions sounds like you, please email your resume indicating that you would like to be considered for the desired role in New York in addition to a writing sample. While we appreciate all applications, we will only respond to qualified candidates.